ISO is the International Standards Organization and was established in 1947. It is the largest developer and publisher of international standards in the world. ISO is a non-governmental association of national standards bodies that form a bridge between the public and private sectors.
ISO has developed its institutes in 163 countries with one member per country and has its central secretariat in Geneva, Switzerland, which coordinates the system. ISO develops and publishes thousands of new ISO standards every year. To date, ISO has developed more than 19,000 international standards on a variety of topics.
ISO is developing new standards day by day for standardization to help create best practices for public and private sector companies. Each ISO standard provides quality requirements around specific areas for different industries Collection of latest standard from ISO.
ISO Standards Features:
• These are the production system standards
• These are general and practical standards
• These are not product standards
• This ensures the consistency of product quality
• In this, errors are corrected in a systematic way so that the chances of recurrence are reduced.
• ISO 9000 for General Quality Management
• ISO 13485 for manufacturers of medical devices
• ISO 14000 Environmental Management Books
• ISO 15706 for the audiovisual field
• ISO 18416:2007 for cosmetics
• ISO 9241 / ISO 10075 for work environment
• ISO 7218:2007 Food Safety
• ISO 14416 for Libraries
• ISO / TR 27809: 2007 for Health Programs
• ISO / TC 67 Petroleum
Some advantages of ISO:
• The conformity of products and services provides a guarantee of quality, safety and reliability
• Remove technical trade barriers and support political trade agreements التجارة
• Business wide acceptance of products and services, free to compete in a broader market
• Government – Provides technical and scientific foundations for health, safety and environmental legislation
• Reduces rejection/rework and improves housekeeping and teamwork
• Increases the company’s morale and credit in the market IEC
• Contribute to improving the quality of life and ensuring the safety of transport, machinery and tools
• Improves teamwork and discipline in the organization
• Saves cost by avoiding redundant work, unnecessary records and monitoring processes
• As customers trust you more, you get more and more orders
Steps for Effective ISO Implementation:
• We must know the full details of the work we do
• We must know our working procedures in detail
• Our workplace must be clean and neat
• Everything must be attached with a mark/mark/color as well as its condition i.e. for examination/accepted/rejected/for rework etc.
• All inspection, measurement and testing equipment must be calibrated
• We must keep records wherever they are written in business procedures ISO