Cauliflower is one of the most liked vegetables and has taken the form of many healthy dishes. And now, this vegetable is being used in the making of pizza crust. It might sound strange to you but yes, it is a delicious and pretty healthy alternative to gluten crust pizza. Here you will read more about this trending alternative and will know about how to make a healthy cauliflower pizza crust.
Is Cauliflower Pizza Crust Healthy?
Yes, Cauliflower pizza crust has gained much popularity as an alternative to traditional wheat flour pizza crust. As people are looking to eat healthier, they are tending to like cauliflower pizza crust a lot. It is gluten-free and low carb therefore is the healthier option for many people. There is a variety of restaurants and pizza spots including Dominos Stockport North selling pizza with cauliflower crust.
How to make cauliflower Pizza Crust?
Follow the given directions to make the best Cauliflower Pizza crust.
- Preheat Oven to 420 before starting preparations.
- Boil some water and add salt to it.
- Add cauliflower in water and let it cook for 3 to 4 minutes until it is crisp-tender
- Once it is cooked according to your desire, strain it and remove the excess water
- To remove the remaining water from it, use a towel
- Once it is dried properly, transfer it to a food processor and grate it finely
- Add it to the bowl and mix egg, salt, parmesan, and mozzarella
- Kneed it until dough is formed.
- Grease the baking tray or use a baking sheet
- Transfer the dough into a baking tray and pat into a crust
- Bake for 20 minutes until the crust is golden and dried out.
- Top the crust with toppings of your choice such as tomatoes, onion, garlic, etc
- Bake the pizza for another 10 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Now it is time to garnish the pizza with some basil or olives.
Tips for Making Cauliflower Pizza
Before heading over to the recipe, there are some tips that you should keep in mind. First, you must drain the boiled or steamed cauliflower properly once it is done. Fully dried cauliflower keeps the crust dry and crispy. Otherwise, it can get soggy. The useful tip here is that you can use a paper towel to remove the extra excess moisture from it before baking. Secondly, when you are making toppings for the crust, go for the simple, fresh, and healthy options such as tomatoes, basil, onions, olives, etc. Well, pepperoni is one of the most favourite toppings of the people of the UK.
For people, who still want to eat a pizza while following their diet of low-carb and gluten-free food, the cauliflower crust pizza recipe is a perfect option. It is healthy, gluten-free, and delicious as well. In terms of the nutrition, it contains, in the serving of 1g, the total calculated calories are 74kcal. Cauliflower pizza crust contains 6g of protein, 4g carbohydrates, 4g fat, and 2g fiber. If you haven’t tried this crust, go make it yourself and enjoy it.
Also Read: What is the Correct Way to Eat Pizza?