Closing the restaurant’s kitchen after a long day of work and handling different customers, the difficult task of cleaning starts. In this process, the restaurant cleaning services come in handy. Restaurant owners hire professionals for cleaning of their restaurant or to give their staff some ease or when they want their restaurant to be clean and perfect
A clean restaurant reduces the risk of cross-contamination and provides a safer working environment. Moreover, a clean restaurant welcomes the customers in a pleasant climate. Best restaurant cleaning services offered by the professionals cater to the restaurant by cleaning and degreasing the high-volume kitchen and deep cleaning of other restaurant areas.
Importance of Hiring a Cleaning Service for Restaurant:
Hiring a cleaning service for the restaurant is important to keep it clean as it provides the benefits like:
- Prevents the Diseases from Spreading: By keeping the restaurant clean, you can control the infectious diseases from spreading. Therefore, make sure to schedule a regular cleaning and sanitizing service to prevent diseases like coronavirus, influenza, and other harmful diseases from spreading to your staff and customers.
- First Impression: If your restaurant’s entrance and sitting area are dirty, it is more likely that the customer will think that the rest of the restaurant and especially the kitchen is also dirty. The dirty restaurant will force your customers to leave without even trying out the food.
- Inspection: Dirty kitchen of a restaurant becomes a home for bacteria growth which is unacceptable for the health inspector. Therefore, by hiring the best restaurant cleaning services, you will not lose points on your next health inspection.
- Employee Respect: If you are not providing a clean environment to your staff in the restaurant, they will soon lose respect for you and your business.
- Contamination: If the restaurant is not clean and food particles are everywhere, the contamination can easily enter the food and become a health hazard for your customers.
What Should You Consider Before Hiring a Cleaning Service?
Things you should think of before hiring a cleaning service for your restaurant are mentioned below.
Is the Cleaning Service Under Your Budget?
You should make sure that your business can afford the cleaning services. You should consider the profit and loss report that will give you an insight into your restaurant’s financial health. Considering the economic condition is the first step in hiring a new cleaning service for your restaurant.
The cleaning services can be very expensive, and you can reduce the expenses by hiring the cleaning services occasionally and providing them with the equipment and cleaning products. Moreover, you can also reduce the size of the cleaning area, like cleaning the kitchen is very compulsory and you should consider hiring services for your kitchen.
What is the Cost of the Cleaning Service?
Cleaning services cost according to the restaurant area, and the cost of the service dependents upon per square feet. For surface cleaning, only the amount can range from $50 to $60 per hour, and the specialized cleaning, especially the kitchen surface, which needs more attention and effort, can cost about $100 an hour.
The exact price of the cleaning service will depend highly on:
- Number of people required
- Deep cleaning of kitchen, carpets, and windows
- Size of the restaurant
How Often Should You Hire the Cleaning Services?
You can customize the cleaning services according to your need, budget, and business requirement. You can perform the daily cleaning yourself like vacuuming and cleaning the kitchen but can hire the services for deep cleaning. Deep cleaning can include cleaning the kitchen appliances, striping and waxing the floors, and shampooing the carpet.
It is an important step to understand the type of services you need for your restaurant and what their cost will be. You should also know what you expect from them before hiring them at a special price, so you get what you have paid.
What Areas of a Restaurant Should be Cleaned?
Professional cleaning services are not required for your entire restaurant, and you can clean a few areas yourself. If you want the trained staff to take care of the kitchen, that is fine. You should map the whole area of the restaurant and then decide what kind of services you require and what areas need the cleaning services most. Make sure to keep your cleaning budget in mind.
The restaurant cleaning service companies ask you for the areas you want to clean, and these areas include:
- Dining Room
- Break room
- Manager’s office
How to Select a Cleaning Service?
The last step in the restaurant cleaning procedure is finding out a good cleaning company in your area. You can check from the business directories to find the cleaning companies and search them online. Moreover, you can ask other business owners from which company they hire the services of cleaning.